GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
POINTS & ORDER TO BE COVERED IN PAPER
- Key words (Up to Five)
- Objectives. (Up to Four)
- Research Question/Hypothesis (Up to Three)
- Review of Literature
- Methodology (data analysis, tools etc)
- Future study
- Paper size (A4)
- Top and bottom margins: 1.00"
- Teft and right margins: 1.00"
- Single spacing in a single column
- Full text justification
- No footers or page numbers
- No indentation ¬use a single blank line to separate paragraphs
- Paper length of 3000 to 5000 words including abstract, graph, table, figure, references/bibliography etc.
PAPER TITLE AND AUTHOR DATA
The following Information should be placed on the cover page only and should not be repeated anywhere:
- Paper title: 20 point Arial, Bold, Centred, Upper and Lower Case.
- Author listing: 14 pt. Arial, Bold Centred, Upper and Lower Case and 14 point Times New Roman centred Upper and Lower Case Author names; department or college, university or company; city, and, country, (Authors with the same affiliation must be grouped together on the same line with affiliation information following in a single block.), email address.
ENERGY CONSERVATION IN THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Dr. G.S.Raja¹ and Mangesh Kane²
Hon¹. Professor of management, Mumbai university and Mitesh institute of management, Mumbai,
Assistant² Professor, Institute of Management, Mumbai,
Energy Conservation in the Manufacturing Sector
Dr. Surendra Pandit¹ and Dr. Abdul Majid²
Associate Professor of Department of Commerce, Maha College of Arts, Science, Commerce, Mumbai,
Email: ¹sir@gmail.com, ²abdul62@yahoo.co.in
(Note: Maximum 3 authors are permitted i.e. one principal & two co-authors. A principal author is responsible for entire procedure)
All papers must include an Abstract. Begin with the word Abstract immediately following the title block with one blank line in between. 14 point, bold, Arial, Upper Case, left justified text for this heading. Use 14 point, Times New Roman Italic font for the text of the Abstract. The Abstract should be fully justified and not exceeding 200-250 words.
Three to five keywords related to the main topic must be specified for all submissions.
Text Sections and Headings
Text should be organized into sections and subsections, with an Introduction and a Conclusions section being advisable. A single line should separate paragraphs; no indentation should be used. Font guidelines are as follows:
- Section Headings: Numbered, 14 point, bold, Arial, Upper Case, left justified; leave one blank line above only.
- Section Subheadings: Numbered, 14 point, bold, New Times roman, Upper and Lower Case, left justified; leave one blank line above only.
- Regular text: 14 point, Times New Roman, full justified, with a single line between paragraphs.
- Follow British spellings throughout (programme, not program).
- In using numerals, one to twelve should be in words. 13 and above in figures, unless the reference is to percentages (5 per cent), distance (5 km), or age (10 years old). Use 2000s and 20th Century.
- Footnotes to the text should not be included.
FIGURES, TABLES, AND THEIR CAPTIONS
Tables and figures should be included in the main text as close to the point of their introduction as possible. Captions guidelines are as follows:
- Figure captions: 12point Times New Roman, cantered; place below the figure, leave one blank line above and below.
- Table caption: 12point Times New Roman, cantered; place above the table, leave one blank line above only.
All figures (charts, diagrams and line drawings) and Plates (photographic images) should be submitted in electronic form. They should be of clear quality, in black and white and numbered consecutively. Source must be mentioned below the table.
BIBLIOGRAPHICAL CITATION & REFERENCES:
Authors must acknowledge all the sources they have drawn upon, including direct quotations, as well as ideas, concepts, data and exhibits. Only those references cited in the main text, should be listed in the references list. All references should be made in-text, 12point Times New Roman rather than as footnotes or endnotes. These references should take the following form: (Karve 2010) or Karve (2010). If it is necessary to cite a particular page number, the reference should be in the following form: (Karve 2010, 45). These citations should be amplified in a list of references appearing at the end of paper. The reference list should be in alphabetical and chronological order.
BOOKS : Family name, Initials, (Year of publication), Title of book in italics. Edition, Place of publication: Publisher.
Example : Wilson, J. (2010), Essentials of Business Research: A Guide to Doing Your Research Project. 1st ed., Los Angeles: Sage.
JOURNAL ARTICLES : Family name, Initials, (Year of publication), “Article title”, Journal Title in italics, Volume number, Issue number (if it exists), Article page numbers.
Example : Lambert-Pandraud, R., and Laurent, G. (2010), “Why do Older Consumers Buy Older Brands? The Role of Attachment and Declining Innovativeness”, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 74 No.5, 104–121.
CONFERENCE / SYMPOSIUM PAPERS : Some papers may not be published in journals but may be delivered at a conference and then published as part of the proceedings of that conference, in which case, use one of the following styles, as appropriate.
Example : Khushalani, Lakhan and Kulkarni, Prasad (2007), “Network Security”, Presented at the National Conference on Emerging Technologies in Control and Instrumentation, October 19-20 2007, Mumbai: TSEC, 53 – 55.
ELECTRONIC SOURCES : This refers to a source which is only available electronically, and not to sources which you may have accessed electronically but which are also available in print form, such as an article from Emerald database accessed via the Web. Name (Year of publication) “Article title” Retrieved from “complete url (accessed date). It is important because of the lack of permanence of Internet site.
Example : Dees, J.G. (2001), “The Meaning of Social Entrepreneurship”, Retrieved from: http://www.caseatduke.org/documents/dees_sedef.pdf (accessed 10th December 2010)
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION
The Paper/manuscript should be only in the electronic format (Microsoft Word). We do not accept hard copy.
Log onto www.abhinavjournal.com and click on "Submit Paper" to upload manuscript, copyright & covering letter on line.
Email soft copy of manuscript, copyright & covering letter to email@example.com
- Abhinav is a refereed journal and follows a ‘double blind’ review process. All papers submitted go through a preliminary review (only in terms of format/guidelines and not contents) and those considered appropriate and on the recommendation of the Editor, the article may be rejected or assigned to two referees. Reports of reviewers, involved in the blind review process, would play a key role in such decision making.
- The Editor reserves the right to accept or refuse an article for publication, without assigning any reasons.
- Manuscripts not accepted for publication will not be sent back to authors. Authors whose papers are accepted or rejected will be informed by email only.
- In case of acceptance/rejection/ comments & of reviewer/s will not be disclosed to author/s or to any third party involved/not involved in the process.
- Correspondence will be done only with the principal author
- To ensure anonymity, the writers name designation and other details should not be repeated anywhere else except covering letter.
A case must describe a real life situation faced or a decision or action taken by individual manager or by an organisation at strategic, functional or operational level. It may be based on field research or research from secondary data. A case must be based on the real life experience of dealing with the issues and problems emerging from a live situation /event in a corporate /public enterprise in functional areas of business and management leading to decision making in a rationalised beneficial manner to the organisation and its stakeholders. It must be Indicative and devoid of rigorous analysis.
Teachers/Trainers are invited to submit case studies in the area of education/Science & Technology.
All cases must be accompanied by a comprehensive teaching note. Although teaching note will not be published but important for review .It must include the following:
- An abstract of the case and keywords
- Identification of audience, topic covered
- Learning objectives and analysis with teaching plan.
- Assignment questions with answers
- Expected flow of discussion with key questions, role play, audio visual aid, handout etc.
Journal also publishes articles relating to how to do case research, case writing tips and techniques, or case teaching pedagogy. Previously published cases except in proceedings and workshops presentation are not eligible for publication. Fictional cases and cases from author experiences are not accepted for publication. Review process and format is same as mentioned for research paper
A full book review may concern only one book or monograph. Its length is about 750-1000 words. It should give readers an engaging, informative, and critical discussion of the work.
The review should consider:
- The intended audience for the journal and who would find it useful;
- The background of the author;
- The main ideas and major objectives of the book and how effectively these are accomplished;
- The soundness of methods and information sources used;
- The context or impetus for the book.
- A comparison with other works on this subject;
- Constructive comments about the strength and weaknesses of the book;
- For edited books: dominant themes with reference to specific chapters as appropriate; and implications of the book for research, policy, practice, or theory.
The header of your review should include:
- Author(s) or editor(s) first and last name(s) (please indicate if it is an edited book)
- Title of book
- Year of publication
- Place of publication
- Number of pages
- Price (please indicate paperback or hard cover) if available
CERTIFICATE FOR PUBLICATION
The Abhinav Seva Mandali Trust will issue publication
certificate to each author involved in manuscript. The publication certificate
will be issued 20 days after the publication of the manuscript in the
journal.The Abhinav Seva Mandali Trust will issue publication
certificate to each author involved in manuscript and will be emailed to all